Now, what is Google merchant center? It helps you reach millions of users across Google by getting the best deal for you. A thing to note is Google has zero-tolerance policies towards content that misleads its users or any promotional ads that restrict users from making correctly informed decisions.
Let us understand more about which promotional ads qualify as misrepresentation and how to prevent it.
What is misrepresentation in Google Merchant Center?
So, Google Merchant, to prevent its users from getting manipulated by misinformed shopping ads and promotions, has categorized specific promotions under misrepresentation.
Here is a list of examples that are not allowed under Google Merchant Shopping Ads policies:
- Omission of relevant information
- Unavailable promotions
- Misleading or unrealistic promotions
- Unacceptable business practices
- Scamming users by concealing or misstating information about the merchant’s business, or product, or service
- Offer destinations that use “phishing” techniques to gather user information
Make sure you do not practice any violation of these policies. Because if found, your item will be disapproved, or worst, your Google Merchant Account will be suspended.
Fixing Google Merchant Account due to misrepresentation
Now, in case your item has been disapproved, or you’ve received a mail stating suspension of account, don’t worry, we got you!
Here is what you can do to get your disapproved item/account back.
In case of Item disapproval
If your item doesn’t comply with Shopping ads policies and has been disapproved on evaluation, here is what you can do:
- Click on the item disapproved to view the individual product details.
- Under Item status, select Request review.
- Review the policies mentioned, and check the box that acknowledges that the information has been reviewed.
- Now select Request manual review.
On review, within 3-4 business days, your items will be approved and ready to publish in the Shopping ads.
In case of Account suspension
If your account has been suspended, it means there has been some severe violation of policies. In that case, you will receive a mail mentioning the detected policy violation and thus an account suspension.
Here is what you can do to resolve your suspension:
- First, read the policy to understand what your ad does not comply with.
- Remove the part which has resulted in the suspension (will be mentioned in the mail)
- Update your product data in Merchant Centre
- Request a review of your account.
Note: If you have surpassed the warning period mentioned in the mail, the only option now is to direct Request a review.
Now your account will be reviewed by the merchant help team. It might take 3 days or more if the review lasts long. Once you are clear, your account will appear in the running.
In case you want further help our Google Partner Team can help you restore your Google Merchant Center account and If you have any further questions regarding Google Merchant Center suspension, you can contact our Google ads suspended team.