How law firms can stand out on social media
- Share informative content.
Not everyone has a thorough understanding of the law. In fact, many people are actually intimidated by it. When you share content on social media, be sure that it’s informative, educational, and entertaining, ideally one that will support your passion for the law at the same time. When planning content, you may want to implement the 80/20 rule—80% of the posts should answer your customer’s questions, while the remaining 20% is reserved for directly promoting what you do.
- Gather data from your competitors.
Just like with traditional marketing, social media marketing also involves collecting information from your competitors and finding out how they promote their services online. It’s worth taking note of things like which of their content performs best and what events they attend. By observing their social media activity, you may be able to reveal their weak points, decode their strategy, and devise ways on how to supersede them.
- Build and deploy targeted advertising campaigns.
Think of social media in terms of SEO vs PPC advertising. While posting on social media is free, it’s still worth looking into advertising to quickly reach out to audiences who may be interested in your services. The best part is you can run campaigns that target specific demographics, allowing you to get in contact with different audiences.