At the same time, Google cracks down heavily on alleged violation of its terms and conditions. You could also be facing suspensions if Google Ads finds any suspicious activity on your payment account.
We understand it is a frustrating experience to get your account suspended. We will help you understand the reasons for Google Ads suspension and how you can resolve the issue!
What is suspicious payment activity?
For your better understanding, here are the listed activities which Google Ads considers as suspicious or fraudulent payment, under the Google Payment Advertising Policies:
- Card name is different from your Google Ads account name.
- Google is not able to verify/accept your card.
- Your card is linked to a previously suspended account or another active Google Ads account.
- You are using a prepaid card/ virtual card/ One-time card/card not issued by a bank.
- You’re using a card outside of your nation or city, and your bank has stopped the transaction.
Google will consider these as a case of suspicious and fraudulent payment activity and will restrict how much you can spend or suspend the account.
Using the correct payment method to avoid Suspension
As your account’s payment options are determined by your country and currency, you can check this payment tool by Google Ads for a detailed list of available payment methods.
This will help in choosing the correct payment method and avoid suspensions.
Fixing suspensions due to suspicious payment activity
To fix your Google Ads suspended account due to suspicious activity, here is what you can do:
Remove and add a new card
If your account has been suspended because of an issue with the payment method here is how can remove or change your card.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the tools icon > Billing > Summary.
- Click Manage payment methods.
- Remove on your primary card (the one with the issue).
- Replace the primary card with a new payment method.
Note: The new card must have the same name as your Ads account.
- Click Save and Remove.
While you are changing the payment method make sure it is not linked to any subscriptions and services. In that case, you will not be able to remove it.
Submit an Appeal
In case you think the forced suspension is incorrect you can submit an appeal.
Take note of the following points when going forward with an Appeal.
- Make sure all your information is correct and in order.
- Add a backup payment option before filing the appeal form.
- Mention your case clearly and why you think this was an error.
- Lastly, clarify what card you are using and why you think this is the best way to pay.
Please note that you do not make any new accounts during this process as Google will suspend them also.
We hope this helps you understand the issue and use Google Ads more efficiently.
In case you want further help our Google Partner Team can help you restore your Google Ads account and If you have any further questions regards to suspension due to Suspicious Payment Activity, you can contact our Google ads suspended team.