No matter how careful we are, mistakes are inevitable. But when it comes to Google Ads, a simple mistake could prove quite costly for your business. Because Google Ads suspension will directly hamper the sales graph of your business.
In this blog, we have jotted down the ways to get your Google Ads account unsuspended and get your business back in track. But first, learn what happens in case of suspension.
What happens when Google suspends your Ads account?
- Suspended accounts are not allowed to run any ads or create new content. Users are however allowed to access their accounts and reports associated with them.
- Other accounts related to the suspended account through email or payment method or manager account may also get suspended.
- Merchant Center accounts linked to suspended accounts may also get suspended.
Why Google suspends accounts?
Google suspends Ads accounts when there is a violation of its Google Ads policies and Terms & Conditions. It aims to create a safe and positive experience for users and advertisers. Hence, it takes policy violations very sincerely.
The following violations, which are termed as “egregious” by Google will result in permanent termination of your account and you won’t be allowed to advertise with Google again:
You can learn more about them in detail here.
There are other violations, which result in temporary suspension, which are mentioned below:
- Google Ads Policy
- Age requirements
- Ads Grant Policy
- Unauthorized account activity
- Billing and payment issues
Step to reopen suspended Google Ads
Step 1 Go through the suspension email and read the policy violation provided by email. Learn the clauses thoroughly to understand what it demands. Additionally, calling Google helpdesk could also help you understand more about the nature of the violation. While speaking to a Google executive, it is always recommended to maintain a respectable tone and show sincerity towards your business. Such a behavior ensures good assistance from Google’s team.
Step 2 Once the violation has been identified, rectify the errors and submit an appeal for review.
Appealing for a suspended Ad
If the user believes that there is no violation and the suspension is done on an erroneous judgment, he/she may raise an appeal.
Steps for the same
Step 1 Appeal can be submitted through the “status” column of the Ad.
Step 2 Click on “appeal” to navigate to the appeal form. The relevant policy information will appear on the page to help you understand the alleged violation and appeal process
Step 3 Once the appeal is reviewed by the Google team, the user is sent an email with the outcome of the appeal. If the appeal is accepted, the account suspension is lifted.
Step 4 If your appeal is rejected, a re-appeal can be submitted following a similar process.
Some instances of policy violations and ways to fix them:
- If any Ads have been disapproved, edit the Ad and make it compliant.
- If any deceptive content has been published, correct the same and make the information reliable
- If the suspension is due to payment option, add a new credit card. Your credit card should have the same name as that of the account holder. The same credit card could not be used for two accounts.
- If the suspension to website content, make your website compliant as per the website policy requirements.
In case you want further help our Google Partner Team can help you restore your Google Ads account and If you have any further questions regards to suspension due to Suspicious Payment Activity, you can contact our Google ads suspended team.