The actual time spent building a website can vary greatly depending on the size and scope of the project. A small, personal website can be built in a matter of weeks, while a large-scale one can take a few months, even with the help of a digital marketing agency.
This complex guide site will explain everything you need to know about completing this task and determine the approximate duration it will take to build your particular website.
The Online Building Blocks
While there are estimated times, as we mentioned above, building a website depends on its building blocks. This means that if you need a lot of pages on your website or a lot of customization, it will take longer to build your website.
With or without a digital marketing agency’s help, building a custom website generally involves these steps:
- Understanding the client’s needs and wants.
- Designing a prototype or mockup of the website.
- Developing or coding the website.
- Testing the website.
- Launching the website.
- Maintaining the website.
The amount of time needed for each step can vary depending on the project. For example, a simple website might just need design and development, while a more complex website might also need prototyping and testing. The steps might also be done differently depending on the project.
To better understand how long this specific process might take, it’s best to consult with a web development team. They will be able to assess the project and give you a more accurate timeline.
If Not Set from the Beginning, These Can Also Increase the Time Building a Website.
- Not figuring out the purpose: Will you use your website to sell products online? Increase brand visibility? Attract more customers? Or will it be a source of information and resources? Determining the purpose of your website will help you better understand what features and functionality to include and will allow you to market your site to your target audience more effectively.
- Deprioritizing content: Once your website has a clear purpose, plan out what content will go on each page of your site before you start building, and you’ll save yourself a lot of time and effort.
If you have various content ready to go, you can avoid any delays in publishing your web pages and have a faster website-building process overall.
- Deprioritizing function: Creating a user-friendly interface is important in making a great final product. You or your digital marketing agency should clearly understand what you want your website to do before you begin building it. This will help the development process go more smoothly and avoid any delays.
We’ll Build Your Website in 12 Days
While it can take weeks, months, or even years to create a visually-pleasing, fully-functioning website, you’re missing out if you find a digital marketing agency that can make one less. That’s where Discover My Business comes in. Not only do we give new clients $1,000 for Google Ads credits, but we also build one from scratch in just 12 business days! Find out more through our website!