But hey, relax! We got you.
Let us first understand the reasons behind this action by Google and how to reopen suspended Google Merchant Account.
Understanding Google Merchant Centre suspension
Google Merchant Centre’s top priority is to ensure that anyone who visits or uses their center has a safe and enjoyable experience. In furtherance of the same Google has a set of product data specifications and policies that every merchant is expected to adhere to. These shopping ads policies revolve around four core areas:
- Prohibited content
- Prohibited practices
- Restricted content
- Editorial and technical
In case the merchant does not adhere to these policies and product data specifications, Google Merchant will suspend their account.
Let us understand the stages involved in the suspension of the Google Merchant Centre account.
Stages involved in account suspension due to product data quality/ policy violation
- Initial review- This is the first step that takes place after you submit your item. Under this, the uploaded item undergoes an initial review to ensure your item complies with the policies. If found that your item is in violation, you will be sent a warning.
- Warning- A warning mail will be sent to you explaining the violation caused. In this, you have to resolve the violation mentioned within the suspension period.
- Account suspension– If the issue is not resolved as per guidelines mentioned in the warning mail your account will be suspended.
Note that in some cases you might not receive a warning mail. Your account will directly be suspended and a mail stating the detected Shopping ads policies and account suspension.
But you don’t have to worry, in both the cases of suspension due to lapse of warning period and in case of immediate suspension, your account can be recovered.
Here is how you can reopen your account and get back to running!
Steps to reopen suspended Google Merchant Centre
You can request a review of your account if it has been suspended by clicking the Request review button.
Follow these steps to have a suspended account reviewed by Google:
- First, check that all the issues stated in the suspension mail are resolved.
- Now Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- In the navigation menu click Products > Diagnostics.
- Click Accounts Tab.
- Select the issue you want to be reviewed.
- Click Request review.
- A pop-up window will appear explaining the review process, its requirements, and its limitations. Make sure you read it carefully!
- Select the check box of the pop-up window and click Request Review.
Note: Requests for reviews can take up to seven days to complete. When the review is finished, you’ll get an email notification.
Still have questions regarding your Google Merchant account suspension and its policies? You can always contact the Google team for further assistance. Hope this helped!