Before we learn how to request your refund, understand that you can only request a refund of your credit by canceling your Google Ads Account.
Requesting Google Ads Account Refund
Follow the steps to cancel your account as the first step towards requesting a Google Ads refund:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account
- Click the Tools icon on the top of the page.
- Select Setup > Preferences.
- Select the drop-down menu next to your Account Status.
- Choose Cancel this account > Save
- Go back to the Billing Summary page and verify your refund details.
Before you move forward with requesting a refund of your Google Ads Account, take a note of the following cases in which Google Ads will not offer a refund of your credit:
- The credit present in your account is from a promotional code
- Your account is still active. (You need to cancel your account to request a refund)
- You still owe money on a balance that you are yet to pay off.
Always check your credit and due balance to avoid any unwanted surprises during the refund request is in progress.
Checking your Google Ads credit
Here is how to check if your account has a due credit or an overdue debt:
- Login to your Google Ads Account.
- Click the Tools option at the top of the page.
- Under Billing > Billing Summary
If you have credit, you will see it under the parentheses Credit remaining. In case you have an outstanding balance, it will be shown as Your balance.
If you change your mind and wish to reactivate your canceled account, don’t worry! Just sign in to your Google Ads account> Account Preferences> Account Status > Reactivate my account.
To resume your advertisements, update your payment details, and make a payment, you are all set to start again.
Timeline for the Google Ads account refund
It takes approximately 2-3 weeks if the payment method is via Credit Card. 3-4 weeks if via bank transfer, and 8 weeks if via SEPA (Direct Debit).
Though generally, Google Ads handles refunds in 2 weeks, it might take up to 10 weeks if you paid by bank account outside of Israel, the United Kingdom, or the United States. If your bank or credit card provider is in Israel, the United Kingdom or the United States may still take up to 10 business days to deposit the refund to your account, depending on their processes.
If it has been more than 12 weeks since you have requested a refund it is suggested to Contact the Google Ads team.
Google Ads Team Support
In case of further queries regarding the refund or Google Ads account cancellation, you can always contact the Google Ads customer support team.
Note: Hope you found the information useful on why Google ads suspended. For more such enlightening bits, keep following our blog. Thanks for reading!
In case you want further help our Google Partner Team can help you restore your Google Ads account and If you have any further questions regards to suspension due to Suspicious Payment Activity, you can contact our Google ads suspended team.